Posted by & filed under Nginx.

After MySQL and Redis, it’s Nginx’ turn : version 1.0.2 has been released on May 10., bringing some minor changes and bugfixes.

Its packages are now available on Dotdeb for Debian 6.0 “Squeeze” and Debian 5.0 “Lenny” in amd64 and i386 flavours.

27 Responses to “Nginx packages updated to 1.0.2”

1. spirit

Not related to nginx, but are you planning to have eaccelerator packages included in dotdeb ?
    Thanks.

2. MechanisM

I’m so much love your repos and using it in all my server machines! So much want to see in repos fresh APE (Ajax-Push-Engine at ape-server.org) packages and also fresh nodejs packages.Also will be great to have PostgreSQL 9+ packages.

@MechanisM : Nginx 1.0.3 has been released *yesterday*. I know when new versions are rolled out, there’s no need to remind me.

Thanks for your packages request, but, but I’m the only one to maintain all this stuff without sponsor nor major donation, so please don’t consider Dotdeb as “packages on demand”. Thanks.

4. Bulker

Hey, Guillaume Plessis.

I’m willing to see eAccelerator here too.
    Are we free to pack, add and maintain the package in the repo by ourselves?

5. Jools

Thought about a dotdeb bugtracker? could be useful for people to report bugs and submit patches. For example I have a few extras for the nginx mime.types that are useful (flac and wav)

6. Bulker

I have some extra too.
    Does anyone really needs “–with-mail –with-mail_ssl_module”?
    WTF?

7. Leif

Hello Guillaume,
    I just want to say THANK YOU!
    I always looked for a way to upgrade my Lenny Box with php 5.3. I found your wonderful Site which helped me so much.
    Please keep on. I will donate in the near future.

8. Philipp

Are these modules also included?

nginx-upload-progress
    nginx-upstream-fair

@Philipp : the included modules are listed in the packages’ description.

nginx-upload-progress is not included in any version (neither -light nor -full nor -extras).
    nginx-upstream-fair is included in all these flavors.

10. Zibbe

> nginx-upload-progress is not included in any version

Would be great if upload_progresss were included in a future version of the nginx package(s). Because i already make use of it (works fine !) i have to continue compiling my own version of nginx.

11. Zibbe

Oh eh..forget to mention: Thank you for dotdeb ! (hope i didn’t sound like a spoiled consumer ordering packages)

12. Jose

I would like to help you maintain some of these packages, especially nginx. I rely on nginx for my hosting company and would love to help build packages to keep the systems up-to-date. Please contact me and let me know what I need to get started.

13. Jose

I have created a small debian stable(squeeze) repository for amd64 nginx-1.0.4 package. They where backported from debian/testing. I have been testing it on my live servers and everything is working well. The nginx-extra package contains the
    nginx-upload-progress module everyone wanted. If there is interest for an x86 version I will be willing to make them.

This should be a seemless upgrade for amd64 platform users just add these two lines below to your sources list:

deb http://raffucci.net/debian/ squeeze main
    deb-src http://raffucci.net/debian/ squeeze main

After that an apt-get update && apt-get upgrade should do it. They are not signed yet so you will have to accept them. If you could try them out would be willing to make this a regular release when nginx releases.

@Jose : thanks for your work. The “upload progress” and “secure download” modules have been added to the official Sid packages. Dotdeb’s brand new Nginx 1.0.5 includes them too.