Posted by & filed under MySQL.

The packages of MySQL 5.5.24 are now available for Debian 6.0 “Squeeze” on both amd64 and i386 architectures. It fixes an undisclosed security issue (thanks Oracle) and some other bugs as well.

As usual, please read carefully the full Changelog before upgrading.

Note : the packages have been updated to include a missing init script. Sorry for the mess.

18 Responses to “MySQL 5.5.24”

1. Jockl

Thank you Guillaume for updating! I had to restart MySQL manually but this wasn’t really a problem… ;)

2. Barbaros

It stopped the mysqld server and forgot to start back :) So I started manually, everything is fine here

3. Cameron

This package seems to be missing /etc/init.d/mysqld. Is this an oversight, or am I missing something?

4. Cameron

@Justin, that didn’t exist either. I copied the version of it from the github repo and it works fine, it’s just somehow missing from the package, or it’s not installing properly on my system.

5. Puckel_

Yop Gui !

Ca va ? Même soucis, le mysql qui ne se relance pas automatiquement. Si tu as besoin de la trace, cd /IRC ;)

Tchou

6. res5it

Hi all… U just upgraded myslq to my production server and I cannot start it with the following error:

Starting MySQL database server: mysqld/usr/sbin/mysqld: Can’t read dir of ‘/etc/mysql/conf.d/’ (Errcode: 2)

Please help

7. Vladimir Laskov

please fix this problem
    %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

# mysql
    Welcome to the MySQL monitor. Commands end with ; or \g.
    Your MySQL connection id is 1034
    Server version: 5.5.24-1~dotdeb.1 (Debian)

Copyright (c) 2000, 2011, Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved.

Oracle is a registered trademark of Oracle Corporation and/or its
    affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective
    owners.

Type ‘help;’ or ‘\h’ for help. Type ‘\c’ to clear the current input statement.

mysql> FLUSH LOGS;
    ERROR 1105 (HY000): Unknown error

8. Shane Chambers

I’m sure this is only a problem if you have logging turned on.

I just had a problem with the install. During the install it seems to create two mysql-bin files with root privileges. And then it’s can’t access them when it tries to start the server after updating the software.

I eventually got around this issue by turning on the sticky bits on user/group (6700) on the /var/lib/mysql directory. Combined with shutting mysqld down before the upgrade, it finally worked.

9. b.miguel11

@Guillaume Plessis : What are your plans for including MySQL 5.5.25 in DotDeb?

@b.miguel11 : MySQL 5.5.25 has just been released. Please let me find some free time to package it.

Are you impacted by a critical bug that needs an urgent update?

11. b.miguel11

@Guillaume Plessis : Certainly not :-) It is just that I am freshly-installing a server and I would like to install the latest version :p But apart from that no worries :p