On december 20th 2012, the PHP group has released PHP 5.4.10 and PHP 5.3.20 :

These releases fix about 15 bugs. Please note that the PHP 5.3 series will enter an end of life cycle and receive only critical fixes as of March 2013. All users of PHP are encouraged to upgrade to PHP 5.4.

The corresponding packages are now available on Dotdeb for Debian 6.0 “Squeeze” on both amd64 and i386 architectures.

As usual, please read the ChangeLog before upgrading and be sure to use to the latest packages before reporting any issue.

21 Responses to “PHP 5.4.10 and PHP 5.3.20”

1. Tim

Guillaume, thank you for the great work in the last years!!
    What you think? If I use Squeeze with your PHP 5.4 already, will this be a problem when I upgrade to Wheezy, when it`s released?

2. Albert

Hi Gillaume! First of all let me thank you for the great work done at dot deb :)
    Second, APC has been updated today to 3.1.4. What is the update policy for dotdeb php5-apc packages? Will they be updated on the next PHP release to 3.1.14?

Thanks!

3. Steven

I have just upgraded my server from PHP 5.3 to 5.4. All done without any issues (except for my own stupidity of course). Thanks!

@Vid Luther : that’s exactly the same problem as reported on launchpad. I’ll try to fix it in the next releases. Could you please fill in a bug report on https://github.com/gplessis/dotdeb-php5/issues ?

Waiting for a fix, you can do this :

This can be manually fixed by using apt-get source and dpkg-buildpackage to build the php5 packages locally, and then copying the include folder from the build outputs

4. Luke

It would be very useful to have instructions on how to install the packages themselves rather than just announcing they are available, same goes for your instructions page

5. David

Same causes, same effects: the problem I had with PHP 5.4.9 (very slow loading of pages) still occurs with this version. To fix is, I only need to downgrade php5-common and libapache2-mod-php5filter to 5.4.8 (php5-cli, php5-curl, php5-gd, php5-mcrypt and php5-mysql I can keep at version 5.4.10 without slowing the thing down). I’m on Debian 6.0.6.

6. Thorsten Schifferdecker

@profog: build you own updated xcache package, like:

# install req and helper script
    apt-get install dh-make-pecl
    wget –no-check-certificate https://raw.github.com/gplessis/dotdeb-php5-pecl/squeeze-php53/debianize

# get source and unpack
    wget http://xcache.lighttpd.net/pub/Releases/3.0.1/xcache-3.0.1.tar.gz
    tar -xzf xcache-3.0.1.tar.gz

# setup your Maintainer Setup
    export DEBFULLNAME=”_here_comes_your_name_”; export DEBEMAIL=”_your_email_”
    ./debianize xcache-3.0.1

# install xcache with updated src
    dpkg -i php5-xcache_5.3.20-1~dotdeb.0_amd64.deb

#and set php5-xcache on hold
    echo “php5-xcache hold” | dpkg –set-selections

# and wait for a php5 5.3.21 on dotdeb.org repo and unhold it again
    echo “php5-xcache install” | dpkg –set-selections

@Guillaume Plessis:
    please update the xcache pkg asap – so a apache2 webserver with libapache2-mod-php5, php5-xcache and ioncube doesnt start anymore!

7. Christian

Will there be an update to php5-suhosin as well? It will be removed when I update 5.3 to 5.4.