Packages of Passenger 3.0.12 are now available for Debian 6.0 “Squeeze” on both amd64 and i386 architectures.
Here is the announcement from Phusion’s blog :
Phusion Passenger is an Apache and Nginx module for deploying Ruby web applications. It has a strong focus on ease of use, stability and performance. Phusion Passenger is built on top of tried-and-true, battle-hardened Unix technologies, yet at the same time introduces innovations not found in most traditional Unix servers. Since version 3.0 it can also run standalone without an external web server, making it not only easier for first-time users but also ideal on development environments.
Phusion Passenger is under constant maintenance and development. We are pleased to announce Phusion Passenger version 3.0.12. This is a bug fix release.
- [Apache] Support Apache 2.4. The event MPM is now also supported.
- [Nginx] Preferred Nginx version upgraded to 1.0.15.
- [Nginx] Preferred PCRE version upgraded to 8.30.
- [Nginx] Fixed compatibility with Nginx < 1.0.10.
- [Nginx] Nginx is now installed with http_gzip_static_module by default.
- [Nginx] Fixed a memory disclosure security problem.
The issue is documented at http://www.nginx.org/en/security_advisories.html and affects more modules than just Phusion Passenger. Users are advised to upgrade as soon as possible. Patch submitted by Gregory Potamianos.
- [Nginx] passenger_show_version_in_header now hides the Phusion Passenger version number from the ‘Server:’ header too.Patch submitted by Gregory Potamianos.
- Fixed a /proc deprecation warning on Linux kernel >= 3.0.