Redis 2.8.13 has been released on July 14th 2014 (happy Bastille day!), bringing the following changes :
- [FIX] CLIENT KILL minor backward compatibility fixes. (Salvatore Sanfilippo)
- [FIX] Enable HAVE_ATOMIC for PowerPC. (Matt Stancliff)
- [FIX] More robust PSYNC and AOF rewrites tests. (Salvatore Sanfilippo)
- [FIX] Solaris build fixed. (Matt Stancliff, Salvatore Sanfilippo)
- [NEW] The new latency monitoring feature, as documented at http://redis.io/topics/latency-monitor (Salvatore Sanfilippo)
- [NEW] The COMMAND command, exposing the Redis command table as an API. (Matt Stancliff)
- [NEW] Update used memory with C11 __atomic. (Matt Stancliff)
The upgrade urgency is low for Redis and Sentinel, this is a features enhancement release mostly. Since this release introduces the latency monitoring feature, Redis 2.8 users experiencing latency issues are strongly encouraged to upgrade.
The packages are now available for both Debian 7 “Wheezy” and Debian 6 “Squeeze” on both amd64 and i386 architectures.