Packages of Passenger 3.0.8 are now available for Debian Squeeze and Lenny on both amd64 and i386 architectures.
Here is the announcement from Phusion’s blog :
Phusion Passenger is an Apache and Nginx module for deploying Ruby web applications. It has a strong focus on ease of use, stability and performance. Phusion Passenger is built on top of tried-and-true, battle-hardened Unix technologies, yet at the same time introduces innovations not found in most traditional Unix servers. Since version 3.0 it can also run standalone without an external web server, making it not only easier for first-time users but also ideal on development environments.
Phusion Passenger is under constant maintenance and development. We are pleased to announce Phusion Passenger version 3.0.8. This is a bug fix release.
- [Nginx] Upgraded preferred Nginx version to 1.0.5.
- [Nginx] Fixed various compilation problems on various platforms.
- [Nginx] We now ensure that SERVER_NAME is equal to HTTP_HOST without the port part.
This is needed for Rack compliance. By default Nginx sets SERVER_NAME to whatever is specified in the server_name directive, but that’s not necessarily the correct value. This fixes, for example, the use of the ‘map’ statement in config.ru.
- [Nginx] Added the options passenger_buffer_size, passenger_buffers and passenger_busy_buffers_size.
These options are similar to proxy_module’s similarly named options. You can use these to e.g. increase the maximum header size limit.
- [Nginx] passenger_pre_start now supports virtual hosts that listen on Unix domain sockets.
- [Apache] Fixed the pcre.h compilation problem.
- [Standalone] Fixed ‘passenger stop’.
It didn’t work properly because it kept waiting for ‘tail’ to exit. We now properly terminate ‘tail’ as well.
- Fixed compatibility with Rake 0.9.
- Fixed various Ruby 1.9 compatibility issues.
- Various documentation improvements.
- New Union Station filter language features.
It now supports status codes and response times. Please refer to https://engage.unionstationapp.com/help#filtering for more information.
One reply on “Phusion Passenger 3.0.8 released”
[…] the Passenger module has been updated to version 3.0.8. […]