Dotdeb’s packages of Nginx 1.2.5 are now available for Debian 6.0 “Squeeze” (amd64/i386).
On the Nginx side, it fixes some minor bugs and bring new minor features. Please take a look at Nginx’ official Changelog before upgrading.
On the Dotdeb side :
- the Pinba module has been added to nginx-full, nginx-passenger and nginx-extras
- the HTTP substitution filter module (v0.6.2-6aa992a2) has been added to nginx-full, nginx-passenger and nginx-extras
- chunkin-nginx-module has been upgraded to 0.23rc2-3-e57a7ab9
- headers-more-nginx-module has been upgraded to v0.18-179f39b1
- nginx-development-kit has been upgraded to v0.2.17-7-f92d6c6a
- nginx-echo has been upgraded to v0.41-b1e519fe
- nginx-lua has been upgraded to v0.7.4-35d963f1
- nginx-push-stream-module has been upgraded to v0.3.4-68651290
- Passenger has been upgraded to the 3.0.18 version
As usual, if you want to know which module has been included in each Nginx flavor, you just have to look at this document.
12 replies on “Nginx 1.2.5, Passenger 3.0.18”
Thank’s man ^^
OPTIONAL HTTP MODULES: Addition, Debug, Embedded Perl, FLV, GeoIP, Gzip Precompression, Image Filter, IPv6, MP4, Random Index, Real IP, Secure Link, SSL, Stub Status, Substitution, WebDAV, XSLT.
How do I install an optional module using APT-GET.
@lyp : Nginx is not that modular. To include new modules, you’ll have to rebuild the packages.
I do not compile.
apt-get install the new module. Can we do that?
Addition, Debug, Embedded Perl, FLV, GeoIP, Gzip Precompression, Image Filter, IPv6, MP4, Random Index, Real IP, Secure Link, SSL, Stub Status, Substitution, WebDAV, XSLT
@lyp : no, you can’t
How to install nginx with nginx-push-stream-module? By default it does not installed.
@Igor : it’s included in nginx-extras
I couldn’t find any Passenger related repo on you github account. Would it be possible to share that as well?
@Tom : you can download the source package from http://packages.dotdeb.org/dists/squeeze/ruby-passenger/source/
Why does ruby-passenger require both ruby1.8 and ruby 1.9.1?
I have to admin, I don’t get it.. before, there was nginx-passenger. Now there is ruby-passenger, but according to your spreadsheet, it has been removed from nginx-1.2.0+. I assume, dotdeb does not provide an nginx-passenger flavor anymore and I have to built that package by myself?
Here is the state of Passenger in Dotdeb’s Nginx packages :
* Squeeze : passenger has been removed from nginx-extras>=1.2.x, but is available in the nginx-passenger dedicated flavor
* Wheezy : Passenger is not included at all. I’m thinking about including Passenger 4.0, but it requires a lot of work to have something clean and there’s nothing sure yet.
As an alternative on Wheezy, you could :
* use Nginx packages from phusion.nl
* use a third-party application server, such as Puma or Unicorn