Redis 2.8.3 has been released, bringing the following changes (take a look at the Changelog) :
- [FIX] Sentinel instance role sampling fixed, the system is now more reliable during failover and when reconfiguring instances with non matching configuration.
- [FIX] Inline requests are now handled even when terminated with just LF.
- [FIX] Replication timeout handling greatly improved, now the slave is able to ping the master while removing the old data from memory, and while loading the new RDB file. This avoid false timeouts sensed by masters.
- [FIX] Fixed a replication bug involving 32 bit instances and big datasets hard to compress that resulted into more than 2GB of RDB file sent.
- [FIX] Return error for inline requests with unbalanced quotes.
- [FIX] Publish the slave replication offset even when disconnected from the master if there is still a cached master instance.
The upgrade urgency is moderate for Redis, high for Sentinel.
The packages are now available for both Debian 7.0 “Wheezy” and Debian 6.0 “Squeeze” on both amd64 and i386 architectures.