Nginx 1.6.0 has been released on April 24th 2014 (exactly one year after 1.4.0), incorporating many new features/enhancements developed in the 1.5.x branch :
- support for SPDY 3.1,
- authentication via subrequests,
- SSL session ticket support,
- IPv6 support for DNS,
- Proxy protocol support
- and more… See the full Changelog and this blog post for more details.
As a consequence, packages of Nginx 1.6.0 are now available for both Debian 7.0 “Wheezy” and Debian 6.0 “Squeeze” (amd64/i386). Please note that :
- Pagespeed has been updated to version 126.96.36.199,
- ngx_http_auth_request is now enabled in every nginx flavor,
- the error_log directive cannot be used with syslog anymore.
For more details about which modules are included in the different Nginx flavors, just have to look at this document.
I hope you’ll love these new packages and, if so, feel free to show your support.