On October 2nd 2014, the PHP group released PHP 5.6.1.
Several bugs were fixed in this release. All PHP 5.6 users are encouraged to upgrade to this version.
PHP 5.6.1 packages are now available on Dotdeb for Debian 7.6 “Wheezy”, on both amd64 and i386 architectures.
Please also note these points :
- Regression : php5-memcached lacks JSON support
- Missing packages : Xdebug and Xhprof are missing for now
- End of support : Spplus won’t be supported anymore. Xcache’s and Pinba’s fates haven’t been decided yet
As a consequence :
- Don’t upgrade yet if you need missing features
- For users upgrading from PHP 5.5, a full migration guide is available, detailing the changes between 5.5 and 5.6.0
- The full list of changes is available in the ChangeLog
- Your feedbacks are always welcome. Just make sure they are useful.
To install PHP 5.6 or to upgrade from previous version just follow the instructions.