On November 13th 2014, the PHP group released PHP 5.6.3.
This release fixes several bugs and one CVE in the fileinfo extension. All PHP 5.6 users are encouraged to upgrade to this version.
PHP 5.6.3 packages are now available on Dotdeb for Debian 7.7 “Wheezy”, on both amd64 and i386 architectures. They include a fix for regressions in the FPM SAPI (See 1, 2 and 3) that is present in the upstream version of PHP 5.6.3.
Please also note these points :
- Regression : php5-memcached lacks JSON support
- Missing packages : Xcachen Xdebug and Xhprof are missing for now
- End of support : Spplus won’t be supported anymore. Pinba’s fates hasn’t been decided yet.
As a consequence :
- Don’t upgrade yet if you need missing features
- For users upgrading from PHP 5.5, a full migration guide is available, detailing the changes between 5.5 and 5.6.0
- The full list of changes is available in the ChangeLog
- Your feedbacks are always welcome. Just make sure they are useful.
To install PHP 5.6 or to upgrade from previous version just follow the instructions.