Good news, guys : Debian 8.0 Jessie has been released on April 25th 2015. Huge kudos to all the Debian developers who made this happen!
Jessie already includes the following components by default :
- PHP 5.6.7
- MariaDB 1.0.16 and MySQL 5.5.42
- Nginx 1.6.2
That means that in the next few days/weeks (thanks in advance for your patience), Dotdeb will progressively provide the following packages for Jessie :
- Nginx, latest stable release
- Redis, latest release
- Zabbix LTS
- Last but not least, PHP 7 once it’s declared as stable
That also means that Dotdeb won’t provide these packages for Jessie :
- PHP 5, which latest version is already included in Jessie
- MySQL, already included in Jessie in MySQL 5.5 or MariaDB 10.0 flavors.
As a consequence for you :
- “Wheezy/PHP 5.6” users should migrate to “Jessie/PHP 5.6
- “Wheezy/MySQL 5.6” users should stick to Wheezy before migrating to “Jessie/MariaDB 10.0”
Please also note that :
- We’ll support Debian 6 “Squeeze” until the end of its Long Term Support (February 2016),
- as well as Debian 7 “Wheezy” with its current set of packages until its end of life.
- The archive symlinks has been adjusted to make Jessie stable, wheezy oldstable, squeeze oldoldstable. Please make sure that your sources.list is up-to-date
I hope you will enjoy this great new major Debian release and that Dotdeb will keep being useful to you.