On December 17th 2009, the PHP Group released PHP 5.2.12 :
The PHP development team would like to announce the immediate availability of PHP 5.2.12. This release focuses on improving the stability of the PHP 5.2.x branch with over 60 bug fixes, some of which are security related. All users of PHP 5.2 are encouraged to upgrade to this release.
Security Enhancements and Fixes in PHP 5.2.12:
- Fixed a safe_mode bypass in tempnam() identified by Grzegorz Stachowiak. (CVE-2009-3557, Rasmus)
- Fixed a open_basedir bypass in posix_mkfifo() identified by Grzegorz Stachowiak. (CVE-2009-3558, Rasmus)
- Added “max_file_uploads” INI directive, which can be set to limit the number of file uploads per-request to 20 by default, to prevent possible DOS via temporary file exhaustion, identified by Bogdan Calin. (CVE-2009-4017, Ilia)
- Added protection for $_SESSION from interrupt corruption and improved “session.save_path” check, identified by Stefan Esser. (CVE-2009-4143, Stas)
- Fixed bug #49785 (insufficient input string validation of htmlspecialchars()). (CVE-2009-4142, Moriyoshi, hello at iwamot dot com)
(Please read the full announcement for more details)
Dotdeb packages of PHP 5.2.12 are now (finally) available for Debian “Lenny” and “Etch”, amd64 and i386.