On january 10th 2012, the PHP group has released PHP 5.3.9, that brings over 90 bug fixes, some of which are security related :
Security Enhancements and Fixes in PHP 5.3.9:
- Added max_input_vars directive to prevent attacks based on hash collisions. (CVE-2011-4885)
- Fixed bug #60150 (Integer overflow during the parsing of invalid exif header). (CVE-2011-4566)
Key enhancements in PHP 5.3.9 include:
- Fixed bug #55475 (is_a() triggers autoloader, new optional 3rd argument to is_a and is_subclass_of).
- Fixed bug #55609 (mysqlnd cannot be built shared)
- Many changes to the FPM SAPI module
PHP 5.3.9 is now available on Dotdeb for :
- both Debian 6.0 “Squeeze” and Debian 5.0 “Lenny”
- both amd64 and i386 architectures
As usual, please read the ChangeLog before upgrading and be sure to use to the latest packages before reporting any issue.
 the packages have been updated to fix some Suhosin- and strtotime()-related issues. You really should upgrade at least :
- to 5.3.9-0~dotdeb.3 if you’re running Squeeze
- to 5.3.9-0~dotdeb.2 if you’re running Lenny