Redis 2.6.11 has been released, bringing the following changes (take a look at the Changelog) :
- [BUGFIX] Replication: more strict error checking for master PING reply.
- [BUGFIX] redis-cli: use keepalive socket option for improved reliability.
- [BUGFIX] Allow AUTH while loading the DB in memory.
- [BUGFIX] Don’t segfault on unbalanced quotes while parsing config file.
- [IMPROVED] serverCron() frequency is now a runtime parameter (was REDIS_HZ).
- [IMPROVED] Use a lot less CPU when idle, even with many configured DBs.
The upgrade urgency is low, however updating is encouraged if you have many instances per server and you want to lower the CPU / energy usage.
The packages are now available for Debian 6.0 “Squeeze” on both amd64 and i386 architectures.