Redis 2.8.4 has been released on January 13th 2014, bringing the following changes (take a look at the Changelog) :
- [FIX] Makefile compatibility with non common make variants improved.
- [FIX] SDIFF crash in very unlikely to trigger state fixed.
- [FIX] Config rewriting fixed: don’t wipe options unknown to the rewrite process.
- [FIX] Set TCP port to 0 works again to disable TCP networking.
- [FIX] Fixed replication with old Redis instances as masters by not sending REPLCONF ACK to them.
- [FIX] Fix keyspace notifications rewrite and CONFIG GET output.
- [FIX] Fix RESTORE TTL handling in 32 bit systems (32 bit overflow).
- [NEW] Sentinel now has a run time configuration API.
- [NEW] Log when we lost connection with master or slave.
- [NEW] When instance is turned from slave to master now inherits the old master replication offset when possible. This improves the Sentinel failover procedure.
The upgrade urgency is moderate for Redis and Sentinel.
The packages are now available for both Debian 7.0 “Wheezy” and Debian 6.0 “Squeeze” on both amd64 and i386 architectures.