Redis 2.8.5 has been released on February 4th 2014, bringing the following changes (take a look at the Changelog) :
- [FIX] Fixed a replication bug caused by Lua scripts + expired keys: keys could expire in the middle of scripts causing non-deterministic behavior.
- [FIX] MISCONFIG error if condition fixed, the server was no longer able to stop writes on RDB misconfiguration after this error was introduced.
- [FIX] REDIS_AOF_REWRITE_MIN_SIZE is now 64mb like example redis.conf default.
- [FIX] Perform fflush() before fsync() in rio.c (bug without actual effects).
- [FIX] Don’t log MONITOR clients as disconnecting slaves.
- [FIX] SENTINEL MASTER arity check fixed. Crashed the Sentinel instance when the command was given without arguments.
- [NEW] Allow CONFIG and SHUTDOWN while in stale-slave state.
- [NEW] Support for configurable TCP listen(2) backlog size.
- [NEW] redis-cli supports SCAN via the --scan and --pattern options.
- [NEW] SENTINEL SET master quorum via runtime API implemented.
The upgrade urgency high for Redis, low for Sentinel. Redis users using Lua scripts with expires, and Redis users relying on the ability of Redis to block writes on RDB saving errors should plan to upgrade a.s.a.p.
The packages are now available for both Debian 7.0 “Wheezy” and Debian 6.0 “Squeeze” on both amd64 and i386 architectures.