Nginx 1.8.0 has been released on April 21th 2015.
This is the first version of the new 1.8.x stable branch, incorporating many new features from the 1.7.x mainline branch – including hash load balancing method, backend SSL certificate verification, experimental thread pools support, proxy_request_buffering and more.
Packages of Nginx 1.8.0 are now available
- for Debian 8 “Jessie”, Debian 7 “Wheezy” and Debian 6 “Squeeze”
- on both amd64 and i386 architectures.
with the following changes :
- because Passenger 3.x isn’t compatible with Nginx 1.8, nginx-passenger isn’t available for Squeeze anymore
- Logging to Syslog is now supported upstream
- ngxensite and ngxdissite scripts have been replaced by ngx-conf (take a look at its -e and -d options)
- Default config files has been synced with both upstream and Debian versions. Please review them systematically when upgrading
- Thread pools support has been enabled in every Nginx flavor
- All the modules have been updated to their latest version
For more details about which modules are included in the different Nginx flavors, just have to look at this document.