Redis 2.6.13 has been released, bringing the following changes (take a look at the Changelog) :
- [FIX] Throttle BGSAVE attempt on saving error.
- [FIX] redis-cli: raise error on bad command line switch.
- [FIX] Redis/Jemalloc Gitignore were too aggressive.
- [FIX] Test: fix RDB test checking file permissions.
- [FIX] Sentinel: always redirect on master->slave transition.
- [FIX] Lua updated to version 5.1.5. Fixes rare scripting issues.
- [NEW] AOF: improved latency figures with slow/busy disks.
- [NEW] Sentinel: turn old master into a slave when it comes back.
- [NEW] More explicit panic message on out of memory.
- [NEW] redis-cli: --latency-history mode implemented.
The upgrade urgency is moderate, nothing very critical but upgrading is suggested if you experienced:
- Strange issues with Lua scripting.
- Not reconfigured reappearing master using Sentinel.
- Server continusly trying to save on save error.
This version of Redis may also help with AOF and slow / busy disks and latency issues.
The packages are now available for both Debian 7.0 “Wheezy” and Debian 6.0 “Squeeze” on both amd64 and i386 architectures.